Serves 6 people
- 1.5kg Leg of Lamb (New Season Legs of Lamb in our Farm Shop)
- 3 Carrot
- 2 tbsp ground Coriander
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns – ground
- Half tsp Turmeric
- Half tsp Paprika
- Half lemon – zested
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 8 tbsp Dry White Wine
- 400 ml Lamb Stock
- 2 Bunches of Asparagus
- Score lamb leg. Cut carrots into rough chunks. Lay carrots in roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Make a spice paste out of all the spices (coriander, cumin, turmeric and paprika) peppercorns, lemon zest, honey, salt and olive oil.
- Rub some of the salt on the base of the lamb leg then rub the majority of the paste on the top making sure its well rubbed in to the scored lamb. Sit lamb on top of the carrots and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius fan, roast the lamb for 20 minutes
- Remove lamb from the oven, add wine and stock. Cover the lamb loosely with foil and seal the foil round the side of the tray.
- Turn the oven down to 150 degrees celcius and roast for 3 and a half hours. Baste with juices 2 or 3 times during cooking.
- Remove lamb and rest for 15 minutes still covered in foil.
- Roast the asparagus tossed in 1tsp olive oil for 10 minutes until just tender.
The Blackwells Team