Serves 4 people
Takes about 30 minutes
(You will need 4 metal or bamboo skewers)
- 400g Minced lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped red Chilli (Very Lazy) or 1/2 fresh red chilli, chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped Fresh Mint
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic crushed, or a squirt chilled Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1 lemon (zest) and you will need the juice below
- 50g Fat free natural Yoghurt
- Handful fresh Mint – Chopped
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Bag of Salad leaves (whatever you like)
- 1/2 Red onion very thinly sliced
- Salt & Black pepper
- 1/2 Cucumber – chopped into small batons
- Drizzle of olive oil and squeeze lemon Juice
- In a large Bowl add Minced Lamb followed by all the ingredients under Koftas. Mix really well with a spoon
- or just use your (washed) hands.
- Split the mix into 4 and form each portion around a skewer, squeeze into a sausage shape then as above
- photo. Chill for as long as you like.
- Grill under a very high heat for 12-15 mins, or BBQ over hot coals
- While the Koftas are cooking make the dressing, simply mix the yoghurt with the chopped mint and juice 1/2 squeezed lemon.
- Stir and season.
- Dress the salad leaves, cucumber batons and onions with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice, toss and season.
- When the koftas are cooked slide off the skewers with a fork (careful hot!) Serve with the salad and dressing, yum with new potatoes as well!
Yummy and a little bit different.
This recipe is courtesy of Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy – for more easy recipes go to www.easypeasy-lemonsqueezy.co.uk