Serves 2 people
Nothing nicer than the simplicity of a perfect steaks sandwich – made with the finest ingredients, the boys will love you forever 🙂
Serves 2 or one VERY hungry person.
- 200g Blackwells Rump Steak
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic – halved
- 150g Mushrooms, any type sliced
- 1 Red Onion – sliced thinly
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 slices well Matured Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Part Baked 12′ ish Ciabatta
- Good handful, Rocket or Watercress or both
- Any mustard – to taste
- Preheat the oven to pack instructions on the Ciabatta packet.
- Remove the Blackwells Rump steak from the fridge – drizzle with olive oil, season and take the halved garlic clove and rub over the raw steak.
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of Olive oil and fry your onions and mushroom until tender.
- In a second frying pan, get it really hot and then put your rump steak straight in – you want a sizzle. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, depending on how you like it cooked. Remove from the heat – cover with foil and leave it to rest for at least 6 minutes.
- Bake your Ciabatta in the oven. When baked, remove and carefully slice down the middle longways, add 3 slices of mature cheddar to the top half of the Ciabatta and pop in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt (don’t forget it!).
- Meanwhile slice your rump steak into very fine strips.
- On the remaining half of Ciabatta add the steak and juices from the pan, then the onion and mushroom on top of that.
- Remove the other half of the Ciabatta from the oven and on the Cheese half, add the watercress & rocket and then mustard.
- Finally pop it together and slice into 3 – Ta Dah!! the most amazing STEAK SANDWICH around!
You can serve as is or add some oven baked chips 🙂