- 1 packet of chilled sweet shortcrust pastry (or make it yourself if you have the time)
- 300ml double cream
- 25g caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 50g butter
- 200g good quality real chocolate – if you like strong chocolate use half and half milk and plain – if you want it a little milkier use 150g milk, 50g plain etc, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons milk approx.
Preheat the oven Gas 4/180°C/350°F. Loose bottomed flan tin 23cm / 9 inch
- Take the chilled sweet shortcrust pasty out the fridge and roll out. Line the loose bottomed tin with the pasty. Try not tot have any cracks or pin over the top of the pastry in the tin and remove the waste pastry.
- Bake blind (scrunch up some greaseproof paper and put in some rice, or baking beans).
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove paper and rice and pop back in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes. Make sure it’s baked on the bottom and golden brown. Leave to cool.
- In a saucepan add the double cream, caster sugar and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Watch it! REMOVE from heat – add chocolate & butter, keep stirring until it is all blended and smooth.
- Finally stir in the milk. Let it cool a little.
- Pour into the pastry case and leave to cool minimum 3 hours, pop in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge approx. 30 minutes before you want to devour it!! Dust with Icing Sugar or Cocoa Powder – leave plain or decorate with raspberries! Serve very small portions with single cream, it’s rich!!!!
This recipe is courtesy of Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy – for more easy recipes go to www.easypeasy-lemonsqueezy.co.uk