Serves 4 people
- 2 medium size pork fillets
- 2 in fresh ginger root (peeled)
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- Finely grate the ginger, & squeeze out the juice into a non-metallic dish.
- Add all the marinade ingredients into a large bowl, stir together well.
- Add the pork filets & make sure they are coated well in the marinade.
- Cover & set aside for a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Barbecue the pork filets over medium hot coals, for about 25 – 35 minutes depending on size or until the inside is blush pink.
- Cover with foil & rest for at least 10 minutes before serving, this way it will be cooked without being dry.
Good with hassleback potatoes & a green salad.
This recipe is courtesy of Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy – for more easy recipes go to www.easypeasy-lemonsqueezy.co.uk